To celebrate our new Very Cherry Necklace we asked the sorbet expert (our client Carolyn), to share her recipe for this ice cold, low fat treat. (It's yummy!)
A Very Cherry Sorbet
- 2 lbs cherries
- 1 cup water
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- juice of ½ a lime
- Stem cherries and remove the pits.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the cherries with the water, sugar and lemon juice. Cook until cherries are very soft and thoroughly cooked for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate to chill thoroughly.
- Puree the cherries and their liquid and put through a sieve and add lime juice and stir.
- Once the cherry mixture is chilled follow the instructions for your ice cream maker. If you are using a food processor, freeze in a baking pan first, then blend in your food processor until smooth. Refreeze and blend in the food processor a second time. Top with mint. Enjoy!